Ecommerce Trading Executive
About Oh Polly
Founded in 2014, Oh Polly creates high-quality, innovative designs that are trend-driven, meeting our customers’ needs in an ever-evolving market without compromising on our global responsibility and ethical values. Our business model is social first, centred around our industry-leading Instagram and Facebook accounts.
2020 saw the launch of Bo+Tee, Oh Polly’s much-loved gym and activewear brand, followed by the launch of Neena Swim in 2021, focusing solely on stylish swimwear. Fast forward to 2022 and we now have a combined following of over 5 million across the brands, selling products in almost every single country around the world.
Operating internationally across key sites Glasgow, Wirral, London and LA, the business has grown to 300 employees. As we continue to expand our global presence, we are looking for talented, driven and ambitious individuals to join the Oh Polly team! Here, you can expect an environment to flourish, develop and take your career to the next level.
We are seeking an ambitious and passionate Ecommerce Trading Executive to join our rapidly growing E-Commerce team to drive the success of all our brands, including mobile and App.
You will be responsible for the online visual merchandising of the Oh Polly group sites, ensuring we are representing a commercial Visual Merchandising strategy and maintaining the company’s visual standards across all sites.
Performing daily analysis across all categories ensuring that our product catalogue is ordered in a way that showcases the best product mix in the right place, at the right time. Working at speed and with attention to detail is a must-have in the fast-paced nature of the business.
Within this role, in addition to the visual merchandising of the site, you will ensure that the online content that makes up our product catalogues are maintained accurately on-site including product descriptions, specifications, digital assets, and categorisations.
You will have administrative knowledge of working in a similar Ecommerce role ideally using Shopify and have the experiencing in analysing on site performance and identifying ways to improve product merchandising to improve conversion.
- Support the Ecommerce Trading Manager to meet daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal KPIs.
- Assist and co-ordinate the day-to-day execution of promotional strategy for ecommerce websites including pricing, app banners, homepage creative, and terms and conditions
- Ensuring that product listing pages are effectively merchandised and optimised and in line VM strategy
- Execution of Marketing Campaigns and Product Collection Launches
- You will be responsible for uploading and visually merchandising products on our website. Ensuring pages are in line with the brand strategy.
- You will maintain our company product database, ensuring it is always up to date
- Help produce creative, engaging and informative product names and descriptions that sell our products and fit the brand’s tone of voice.
- Working with the Content team to ensure that all product content is delivered on time, is commercial and accurately reflects both the product & the brand
- Maximise relevancy of website search results and product recommendations – using analytics and SEO data.
- Continually optimise cross sell and upsell strategies for products, categories and collection
- Daily quality control checks to maintain high standards across all sites
- Reviewing and analysing site KPIs and performance insights, communicating findings to the key stakeholders
- Conduct research on competitors in the different markets and the trading conditions and identify anything relevant to Trading Manager and team members as appropriate.
- Use systems including Google Analytics to undertake basic reporting and monitor performance of promotional activity and trends in the market.
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant subject
- Experience in online merchandising
- Basic level of experience with Shopify preferable
- At least one year experience in a fast-paced and deadline driven ecommerce/fashion environment.
- Basic working knowledge of Shopify
- Highly organised, with excellent time management
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to a very high standard, managing workload to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong working relationships and thrive on working as a team.
- Proactive in completing tasks, analysis and suggestions that will benefit the business
- You should be capable of switching between tasks regularly throughout the day according to demand.
- Knowledge of SEO copy best practices.
- Knowledge of the current ecommerce environment
- IT skills in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and Microsoft Word/Google Docs
- 50% discount on all products
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- An extra day off for your birthday