Accounts Payable Manager
About Oh Polly
Founded in 2014, Oh Polly creates high-quality, innovative designs that are trend-driven, meeting our customers’ needs in an ever-evolving market without compromising on our global responsibility and ethical values. Our business model is social first, centred around our industry-leading Instagram and Facebook accounts.
2020 saw the launch of Bo+Tee, Oh Polly’s much-loved gym and activewear brand, followed by the launch of Neena Swim in 2021, focusing solely on stylish swimwear. Fast forward to 2022 and we now have a combined following of over 5 million across the brands, selling products in almost every single country around the world.
Operating internationally across key sites Glasgow, Wirral, London and LA, the business has grown to 300 employees. As we continue to expand our global presence, we are looking for talented, driven and ambitious individuals to join the Oh Polly team! Here, you can expect an environment to flourish, develop and take your career to the next level.
About the department
In the Finance Department, we are going through an exciting period of growth and we need more people to help us achieve this. We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Finance team. Given the fast-paced nature and variety of the Finance department, there will never be a dull moment in the role.
You must possess strong communication skills and be an ambitious and hard-working individual looking for your next challenge. This role will suit a proactive individual that can build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The main purpose of the role is to provide management of the accounts payable, staff expenses and payment processes within finance.
Key responsibilities and duties:
Accounts payable and expenses
- Ensuring efficient and prompt recording of purchase order creation and authorisation, matching to supplier invoices (with manager approvals and goods-in confirmations)
- Supplier statement reconciliations and building relationships with suppliers
- Creating timely and accurate payment runs including checks to ensure no duplication or missed payments.
- Management and control of A/P to ensure supplier payments are for authorised and received goods/services purchases, paid on or close to terms subject to cash management constraints
- Designing and operating controls over suppliers, names and bank details to protect against loss or fraud
- Manage staff expenses and credit cards to be controlled, explained, authorised and paid efficiently
- Posting bank and online merchant transactions on a daily basis
- Reconciling bank accounts and online merchants
- Ensuring bank payments are appropriately allocated and matched within the Finance system
Month end processes
- Oversee timely and accurate month-end close of all Accounts Payable ledgers in UK and USA (multi-country, multi-currency) including review for completeness and accuracy of invoices.
- Process improvements and systems development for all transactional processes, including purchase order and invoice approvals processing to improve accuracy, speed and usefulness and reducing re-keying and manual/off-line processes.
- Lead the adaptation and development of processes.
- Adhere to the company's financial policies and procedures. Develop these procedures in line with business goals and compliance needs.
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Designing and implementing scalable well thought out operational processes.
- Improving & documenting existing and developing new procedures.
- Comfortable working towards set KPIs
- Assist the wider group finance team as and when required
- Extensive experience in similar operational finance process roles across a range of businesses
- Knows what good looks like
- Able to effectively link between Finance and Operations
- Improve and develop business wide controls and processes
- Strong team management, development and skills coaching
- Adaptable to a fast moving and changing environment
- Able to implement best practice improvements to a fast-growing company
- Deadline driven, with excellent time management and attention to detail
- Proactive and positive attitude
Desirable but not a prerequisite:
- Strong finance systems knowledge and experience with systems change projects
- Experience implementing a new Finance system or ERP
- Experience reviewing duty and VAT charges and ensuring appropriate VAT is subsequently reclaimed
- AAT Level 4 or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 50% discount on all products